Things are starting to look rosy not as my investments in stocks and mutual funds have bounced back from their all time lows. Stock investments are showing a ROI of 11% while mutual funds are at 2%.
In other news, I have picked up more of bitcoins, I currently own a total of 4% of a Bitcoin! And final addition this month it to my ULIP and ELSS portfolio as well as a new addition in National Pension Scheme (NPS).
My FIRE Progress as of June’20
- I have a total of Rs.18.62 lakhs as savings. My target for this month was Rs.13.19 lakhs
My Overall Investments and Progress as of Jun’20
|Final Goal||Rs.5 Crores|
|Total Invested||Rs. 16,20,376|
|Current Value||Rs. 18,62,671|
|Passive Income in Apr’20||Rs.6,199|
|Time left||136 of 144|
New stuff that came up in June’20
Here is a summarized list of posts and podcasts that came out in June. Check them out
Podcast on Personal Finance
On the Little Saves podcast
- S1E4- All about INFLATION and how it affects your Investments
- S1E5: High Yield Investment Programs and other Ponzi Scams Podcast
- S1E6: Do you need to be lucky for money to come to you?
- S1E7: The power of compounding in personal finance
As for my personal updates:
- Day 226 on FIRE: Adding Crypto and NPS to investment portfolio
- Day 212 on FIRE: I suck at investing in stocks, I really, seriously do!
Articles on FIRE and Personal Finance
A couple of articles around saving money, offers and reducing Debt.
- Mine crypto on your Phone. Review of Pi App and Pi coins
- A look at having Peer to Peer loans as Investment in your portfolio
- My Stack of the Best Credit Cards to earn Rewards in India
- 7 ways to Earn Credit Card reward points like a Superstar
Value of Portfolio as of June’2020
Extra Income earned in June’2020
|Passive Income Earned||2020 – Total||June’20||May’20||Apr’20||Mar’20||Feb’20||January’20||2019 Total|
|Dividends & Interests||943||418||0||0||525||0||0||0|
Stock Market Investments Update for June 2020
I took two noteworthy actions in June’20
- I sold the 2000 stocks I had in RENUKA to move it into ITC
- I further added another 50K to my overall investments from the previous month.My portfolio as of now is as below:
|Symbol||QTY||Buy at||Buy Price||Current Price||Current Value|
|CASH IN HAND||1||0||0||0||0|
Mutual Fund Investment Updates for June 2020
Slight improvement in the overall performance of Mutual funds. ROI is at 2% as of June 2020.
|Total||Total Invested||June’20||May’20||Apr’20||Mar’20||Feb’20||January’20||Value Dec’19||November’19||October’19|
|SBI Focused Equity Fund||43,340||42,077||38,861||40,086||25,569||33,062||33,568||31,000||29,147||26,668|
|Axis Midcap Fund||56,664||57,505||54,229||55,209||33,439||41,777||42,427||33,969||27,214||26,666|
|Nippon India Small Cap||9,900||9,005||7,987||8,154||7,093||10,147||10,754||8,095||6,009||3,900|
|L&T Midcap Fund||20,000||21,324||19,808||19,937||6,070||8,258||8,600||6,167||4,132||2,000|
|HDFC Small Cap Fund||30,000||32,699||28,578||29,503||5,316||7,651||8,224||5,869||3,891||2,000|
|L&T India Value Fund||8,330||7,969||7,353||7,474||4,701||6,545||7,009||5,186||3,473||1,666|
|DSP Midcap Fund||10,000||10,878||10,204||10,252||3,219||4,253||4,422||3,144||2,093||1,000|
Alternate Investments Update June’20
Rs.50,000 added into NPS as a long term investment. The contribution to NPS will allow me to save a bit of taxes.
All other alternate investments remain the same.
|Loan to Family Friend @ 15% pa||200,000||200,000||200,000||200,000||200,000||200,000||200,000||200,000||200,000||200,000|
|Loan to Friend||100,000||100,000||100,000||100,000||100,000||100,000||100,000||100,000||0||0|
|Loan Taken @ 7% pa||-100,000||-100,000||-100,000||-100,000||-100,000||-100,000||-100,000||-100,000||-100,000||-100,000|
|Liquid Fund (for Emergency) @7% pa||0||0||0||0||17,138||17,006||16,875||12,441||0||0|
|Cash (for Emergency) @4% pa||8,600||8,600||3,500||4,300||3,500||0||0||0||0||0|
P2P Lending Updates for Jun-2020
Last month, over 40% of my loans were not paying interest for over 2 months. Now as Corona scare is reducing in most of the countries I have lent money in, businesses are opening up and some of the loans have started to make payments.
As of June’20, I have broken even on my P2P investments.
|P2P lending||Total Invested||June’20||May’20||Apr’20||Mar’20||Feb’20||January’20||December’19|
Rewards and Cashbacks balance in the month of June’20
Cashbacks, Rewards and Points – Redeemed
- Our expenses have been low due to the lockdown. We have not made any major purchases or planned for any holidays. Hence in the realm of cashbacks and rewards too is seeing little action
|Cashbacks & Points Redeemed||Total Invested||June’20||May’20||Apr’20||Mar’20||Feb’20||January’20||2019 Total|
|American Express Points||0||0||0||9,000||0||0||0||10,000|
|All other Credit Cards||0||658||1,881||191||619||830||407||0|
|Flipkart Supercoins & Vouchers||0||559||0||400||279||1,300||0||1,000|
|Other points programs||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||500|
|Amazon Pay Card+Cashbacks||0||529||457||571||727||812||970||26,938|
Cashbacks, Loyalty Points and rewards – Balance
- I paid off a couple of Insurance premiums for my family members using my credit cards, so some increase in points from CRED and the cards 🙂
- Nothing much here, all quite till Corona dies down.
|Cashbacks & Points Balance||Total Invested||June’20||May’20||Apr’20||Mar’20||Feb’20||January’20||December’19||November’19||October’19|
|American Express Points||0||2,091||159||159||8,140||8,357||7,162||6,492||4,825||3,880|
|Flipkart Supercoins & Vouchers||0||1,679||1,378||1,122||1,920||1,808||2,860||2,764||1,270||1,250|
|Hotels & Stay points||0||2,593||2,593||2,593||2,593||2,593||2,593||2,593||2,593||2,593|
|Other points programs||0||200||200||200||200||200||200||700||700||700|