Some investments are starting to seem green at last! My mutual funds do have some way to go before getting into positive territory. Bus stocks definitely are doing better. I have added more stocks at current levels. Not just that, I am planning to divert monthly contributions from Mutual Funds and other Alternate investments to Stocks for the next month or two.
The other major change this month is that I have finally taken a dip and invested in some crypto currency. I got bitcoins worth about Rs.15,000. There are a few other crypto related activities I have started to see if I can earn some money on the side through them. Once I sufficiently test them out, and if they do pay out, I will write about it to let you know.
May’20 In a nutshell:
- I have a total of Rs.15.17 lakhs as savings. My target for this month was Rs.12.59 lakhs, so I am doing pretty well meeting this target
- Mutual Funds and stocks are not doing well, but they have recovered a lot from last month
- I have moved the GOLDBEES I was holding to the Government Gold Bonds they sold in May. So that should be giving me a steady return of 2.5% pa while appreciating with the price of Gold (if it increases that is!)
My Overall Investments and Progress as of April’20
|Final Goal||Rs.5 Crores|
|Total Invested||Rs. 13,95,176|
|Current Value||Rs. 15,17,000|
|Passive Income in Apr’20||Rs.5,992|
|Time left||137 of 144|
New stuff that came up in May’20
Some interesting posts in May’20. Here is list, check them out
Podcast on Personal Finance
On the Little Saves podcast
As for my personal updates:
Articles on FIRE and Personal Finance
A couple of articles around saving money, offers and reducing Debt.
- ET Money Review: Best App for Mutual Funds investment
- 15 ideas to earn rent money on the side by renting out things and property
- How I calculated my FIRE Retirement Corpus (with excel template)
- 3% or 4% rule to calculate FIRE retirement money.Does it work for Indians
- Scam Alert: This Fraud uses OLX, Paytm and UPI to get your money
- What is Passive Income? Ideas to earn from passive return sources
- What is Inflation? How does inflation affect your Investments?
- How increase in VAT and excise duty of Petrol or Diesel impact you?
- Importance of a budget and why you need one to succeed financially
Value of Portfolio as of May’2020
|Stock Market Investments||-4.87%||393,031||373,871||368,031||225,920||132,894||132,894||145364.95|
|Mutual Funds Investments||-6.29%||178,234||167,020||170,615||85,407||111,693||115,004||93,430|
|P2P Lending Investments||-2.84%||98,431||95,639||93,056||44,743||26,618||26,383||2,777|
|Cashbacks, Rewards and Points||–||0||30,179||27,671||38,843||35,987||35,687||41133.99|
Extra Income earned in May’2020
|Passive Income Earned||2020 – Total||May’20||Apr’20||Mar’20||Feb’20||January’20||2019 Total|
|P2P Lending Investments||2240.58||923.81||669.77||365||235||47||47|
|Cashbacks& Rewards Redeemed||38844.5||2448.04||13688||1818.11||11437||9453.35||98155.78|
Stock Market Investments Update for May 2020
I took two noteworthy actions in May’20
- The Goldbees I bought last month in April’20, I have sold them to buy the same amount in the Government’s Gold Bond sold in May’20. This is going to be giving me a fixed income of 2.5% interest and value of it will continue appreciating with Gold price increases.
- I continue to accumulate more stocks.My portfolio as of now is as below:
|Symbol||QTY||Buy at||Buy Price|
|CASH IN HAND||1||0||0.0|
Mutual Fund Investment Updates for Apr 2020
Mutual funds continue to swing up and down. But, nothing too concerning at the moment here.
|Total||Total Invested||May’20||Apr’20||Mar’20||Feb’20||January’20||Value Dec’19||November’19||October’19|
|SBI Focused Equity Fund||43340||38861||40086||25569||33062||33568||31000||29147||26668|
|Axis Midcap Fund||56664||54229||55209||33439||41777||42427||33969||27214||26666|
|Nippon India Small Cap||9900||7987||8154||7093||10147||10754||8095||6009||3900|
|L&T Midcap Fund||20000||19808||19937||6070||8258||8600||6167||4132||2000|
|HDFC Small Cap Fund||30000||28578||29503||5316||7651||8224||5869||3891||2000|
|L&T India Value Fund||8330||7353||7474||4701||6545||7009||5186||3473||1666|
|DSP Midcap Fund||10000||10204||10252||3219||4253||4422||3144||2093||1000|
Alternate Investments Update May’20
I’v finally ventured into Bitcoins in a big way. Instead of reporting it under Alternate investments, I am
All other alternate investments remain the same.
|Loan to Family Friend @ 15% pa||200000||200000||200000||200000||200000||200000||200000||200000||200000|
|Loan to Friend||100000||100000||100000||100000||100000||100000||100000||0||0|
|Loan Taken @ 7% pa||-100000||-100000||-100000||-100000||-100000||-100000||-100000||-100000||-100000|
|Liquid Fund (for Emergency) @7% pa||0||0||0||17138||17006||16875||12441||0||0|
|Cash (for Emergency) @4% pa||3500||3500||4300||3500||0||0||0||0||0|
P2P Lending Updates for Apr-2020
Issues of repayments are still there from past loans to countries such as Kazakhstan and Poland etc. Their Governments have continued implementing morartium on paying back loans. At the moment about 40% of my loans are impacted and I have not got the interest payments on them. This is slowly coming down as more and more businesses in these countries open up.
|P2P lending||Total Invested||May’20||Apr’20||Mar’20||Feb’20||January’20||December’19|
Rewards and Cashbacks balance in the month of April’20
Cashbacks, Rewards and Points – Redeemed
- Our expenses have been low due to the lockdown. We have not made any major purchases or planned for any holidays. Hence in the realm of cashbacks and rewards too is seeing little action
|Cashbacks & Points Redeemed||Total Invested||May’20||Apr’20||Mar’20||Feb’20||January’20||2019 Total|
|American Express Points||0||0||9000||0||0||0||10000|
|All other Credit Cards||0||1881||191||619||830||407||0|
|Flipkart Supercoins & Vouchers||0||0||400||279||1300||0||1000|
|Other points programs||0||0||0||0||0||0||500|
|Amazon Pay Card+Cashbacks||0||457.04||571||727||812||970||26,938|
Cashbacks, Loyalty Points and rewards – Balance
- I paid off a couple of Insurance premiums for my family members using my credit cards, so some increase in points from CRED and the cards 🙂
- Nothing much here, all quite till Corona dies down.
|Cashbacks & Points Balance||Total Invested||May’20||Apr’20||Mar’20||Feb’20||January’20||December’19||November’19||October’19|
|American Express Points||0||159.1||159.1||8140||8357.16||7161.84||6491.52||4824.54||3879.54|
|Flipkart Supercoins & Vouchers||0||1378||1122||1920||1808||2860||2764||1270||1250|
|Hotels & Stay points||0||2593||2593||2593||2593||2593||2593||2593||2593|
|Other points programs||0||200||200||200||200||200||700||700||700|