With the stock markets in a tizzy in January 2020, Mutual Funds have been on Fire. Seriously, I have funds that are giving 10% return on investments in the 3 months I have been holding them!
Mutual Funds on Fire
At the peak of January’20 my mutual funds were on fire, the returns were almost as good as stocks! Check it out, I was getting annual return on investment of 17.2% And my Rs.1,25,000 investment was showing an increase of about Rs.7000 already. What more could one ask for.
Then again, this is not going to be the norm. Instead of going overboard and investing a lot more into funds, I simply added 50% of my total investment in Jan’20 to MF and the rest into P2P lending as I am starting to see good growth there as well.
January’20 my MF Portfolio
My overall ROI% for January’20 is at 15.6%. I was complaining last month about how mutual funds were pretty dull. And that changed totally in Jan’20. Most of my gains are lead by the Midcap funds.
|wdt_ID||Period||Total Invested||Value||Annual Return on Investment|
|1||30 Nov 2019||169,216||183,027||11.6%|
|2||31 Dec 2019||103,513||105,871||10.4%|
|3||31 Jan 2020||125,513||131,879||15.6%|
|Period||Total Invested||Value||Annual Return on Investment|
- DSP Mid cap is at 40% ROI, I have been holding it for 3-4 months now and I already have got an increase of 10% on my initial investments.
- L&T Midcap fund is at 29.7 annual ROI. My Rs.8,000 investments are at Rs.8568 in 3 months
- Axis Midcap Fund is at 31.1% ROI pa. Again, my Rs.40,000 investments have grown to Rs.42,502 in 3-4 months
I have added some nice charts for you to check out how I am doing.
Breakdown of my fund investments
Fresh investments in January’20
I have not added any new funds to my portfolio. Instead, simply bought Rs.22,000 worth of additional funds. I spread the money evenly across my portfolio as some funds were really high and some funds were at an all time low.
Mutual Fund Investment portfolio as of 31st January 2020
My current portfolios of debt and mutual funds
|wdt_ID||Fund||Fund Segment||Total Invested||Value in Jan'20||Value in Dec'19|
|1||Franklin India Ultra Short Bond Fund||Debt||15,776||15,323||10,896|
|3||SBI Focused Equity Fund||Multi Cap||31,672||33,568||31,000|
|8||Axis Midcap Fund||Mid Cap||39,998||42,427||33,969|
|9||Nippon India Small Cap||Small Cap||9,900||10,754||8,095|
|10||L&T Midcap Fund||Mid Cap||8,000||8,600||6,167|
|11||HDFC Small Cap Fund||Small Cap||8,000||8,224||5,869|
|12||L&T India Value Fund||Value||6,664||7,009||5,186|
|13||DSP Midcap Fund||Mid Cap||4,000||4,422||3,144|
|14||Nippon India Liquid Fund||Debt||1,503||1,552||1,545|
|Fund||Fund Segment||Total Invested||Value in Jan'20||Value in Dec'19|
|∑ = 125,513||∑ = 131,879||∑ = 105,871|
All updates for the month of December’19:
- My Investment Updates for January’20 – Tax Season
- Stock Investment Updates Jan’20 – The Bloodbath continues
- Mutual Fund Investments Update – January’20 – Mutual Funds on FIRE! <–You are here
- My Alternate Investments Update – January’20
- Earning Reward Points & Cashbacks update – January’20
- P2P lending updates – January’20 Cautious when lending